What strategies will help me to heal?
Once you have the burning desire to heal your life, there are several holistic healing strategies that can help you along the way. They are:
- Physical Attunement
- And Joy!
Intention – How will you approach your healing process?
Intention is the critical beginning of the holistic healing journey. It is your state of mind formed around a purpose, a singleness of mind that focuses your energy towards a particular outcome. Be clear and honest with yourself about your thoughts and feelings behind your healing process…
- What is it that you want to gain from your healing journey?
- What outcome do you want?
- How do you wish for the journey to unfold?
- Are you prepared to confront all aspects of yourself that require healing?
- Is there any reason you fear being healthy?
Make a personal invitation to healing: invite it into your life, be grateful for your health as though you are perfectly healthy. If any part of you feels that you do not deserve or cannot be healthy, you are resisting healing and all your efforts will be like pushing a boulder uphill.
- Write down your intentions before you begin in answer to the above questions.
- Visualise your healing process unfolding with ease and grace, in the way that your soul intended.
- If you discover any major barriers to your healing, seek help from a professional so you give yourself the best chance of success.
Perspective – How do you view your illness or physical condition?
See your physical situation as a gift; a gift of learning and new opportunities for the future. You can choose to see illness as a call to wholeness which is the true purpose of healing. Appreciate your condition for what it can give you – a happier and healthier future. To heal effectively, It is important that you accept the following universal truths:
- You created your physical condition due to disharmony in some aspect/s of your state of being.
- You are meant to be healthy and disease-free. The human body was designed to function perfectly, free of sickness.
- Physical disease is an opportunity to grow and learn about yourself.
- You have the power to restore your body to its intended healthy condition.
Move from fear of the dis-ease to positive anticipation about what it can teach you, the opportunity for growth and a happier and healthier future. Ask yourself ‘What can this dis-ease give me?’ and ‘How can it enrich my life?’
- Meditation helps to quiet the mind (that is, remove the clutter!) which makes it easier to see the bigger perspective.
- Affirmation of the above truths will help cement your positive outlook. For example, “I am grateful for this opportunity to heal an aspect of myself and achieve alignment of my body, mind and soul.”
Commitment – Do you have the determination to reach your goal?
The holistic healing process requires core strength and determination to reach your goal. Often you will be taken on a tumultuous journey, exploring the deeply unpleasant recesses of yourself, in order to heal the wounds of your past. Absolute commitment to the end result is required to ‘weather the storm’ knowing that this is a necessary part of the healing process. How committed are you? Is there anything that can sway you from your goal?
- Focus on the end result of perfect health – it will propel you forward each day. Visualise your goal through meditation.
- Re-affirm your perspective through affirmations.
- Have a support person who can provide encouragement and strength when you need it.
Knowledge of the Healing Process – Do you have a solid understanding of what the healing process entails?
It is essential to learn as much as possible about the holistic healing process by consulting experts and others who have been through a similar process. Case studies (people who’ve been there, done that and done it well) – whether you read about them or meet them personally – are a great inspiration and can help propel your own healing.
- Training courses can be a great way to build your knowledge bank on different approaches to health and healing.
- Books are an invaluable resource and they allow you to absorb information and learn at your own pace.
- Your personal networks (that is, the people you associate) can be a powerful tool for healing. Make sure you are mixing with people who have something positive to offer your healing process, whether it is emotional support, personal experience or professional expertise.
Ask for Assistance – Do you have support from an ‘expert’?
Remember that you are not alone on this journey and that there are many people who have been successful in overcoming serious conditions. Once you orient yourself to the holistic healing path, you will attract people into your life who can assist you in some way. It is particularly beneficial to consult a practitioner who specialises in the holistic healing process so you ensure you are addressing all aspects of your condition. Assistance from a healing practitioner can assist you in releasing emotional and spiritual blockages that you may otherwise overlook or struggle to overcome on your own.
- Talk to someone such as a close friend or family member about your situation.
- Seek professional help from an alternative health practitioner who can support and guide your approach to healing.
Physical Attunement – Do you know your body?
Once you make a commitment to heal, you must make a commitment to listen to your body. This means knowing your body, what it needs and how it feels at any given moment. For example:
- What do I want to eat?
- Do I feel weak or tired?
- Am I in any pain or discomfort in any part of my body?
- How did my last meal affect my body?
- Do my muscles feel tight or restricted in any way?
- What sort of exercise does my body need today?
Your body is you barometer to healing so use it by asking these questions as often as possible. When you feel discomfort in your body, ask what will remedy it – exercise, rest, sleep, health-giving foods, massage, stretching etc. With time, you will find that you will become more sensitive to how your body is feeling and you learn how to best facilitate its healing. Trust your body and what it is telling you – its natural state is to be well so it will guide you to health.
- Any physical activity that helps strengthen the mind-mind connection such as yoga, tai chi and qui gong.
- Bodywork and Posture Correction & Integration are great ways of bringing your attention to the mind-body connection and how you can read what your body is telling you.
Seek Joy – Are you living a life of optimism and fun?
You cannot be healthy if you are not happy! The feeling of joy is incredibly powerful in the healing process. If you are in a situation that makes you feel bad, upset, angry, or sad, you need to do one of two things: change what you are doing and do something that pleases you, or, change your perspective so that you view what you are doing in a positive way. Being joyful requires you to be present. Seek activities that bring you joy in the moment.
- Joy. Make the most of the Law of Attraction by being around things that please you, make you happy and bring you joy. This includes being around people who love you and uplift your spirit. Anything that you love including music, animals, nature, hobbies can uplift your spirit and have a wonderful effect on your healing process.
- Presence. Be careful about nostalgia – whatever you remember about the past must somehow be bringing your joy in the present. Always come back to now and how you are feeling now.
To find out more strategies for healing go to Holistic Healing Therapies.
|Resources For This Page|